You’ve got a Prototype, We’ve got a Road Map
We are looking for the world’s best hardware startups bringing transformational technology to consumer markets. We work with entrepreneurs that are passionate about design and the customer experience, with the vision and drive to build a successful company.
Why Apply to Highway1
Maximize fundraising opportunities
- Investment Capital – Up to $100,000 per team for 8% equity or $50,000 per team for 5%.
- Due diligence meetings with VCs and industry experts.
- The program culminates with an invite only demo day attended by hundreds of select investors and media.
Product Development at Warp Speed
- Full time ME, EE and FW engineers available for hands on support.
- 24/7 access to 1,000 square foot lab, with full time support staff, equipped with the latest in prototyping tools, including 3D printers, laser cutters and CNC mills.
Learn how to manufacture
- Learn first hand about manufacturing and supply chain management during a trip to Shenzhen, China.
- Learn from supply chain managers and packaging experts, and meet with PCH engineers to deep-dive on key manufacturing risk areas.
- Emphasis on designing and engineering your product for mass manufacturing.
Design at the Core
- Full time design staff to support user research and product design and integration of design and engineering.
- Engage leading, bay-area industrial design firms including: Ammunition, Astro Studios, IDEO, Design Partners and Herbst Produkt, etc.
- Refine your story with professional coaches to engage investors, partners and customers.
- 16 week curriculum taught by industry experts in fundraising, marketing, retail, product and business development.
- Access PCH design, manufacturing, packaging, fulfilment and retail expertise.
Community and connections
- Collaborate in an open workspace with the other hardware startups in your cohort
- Access our network of hundreds of alumni, mentors and vendors for advice, guidance and the services you need to get your company across the finish line.
Our 4 Month Program Timeline
Step 1: Goal Setting
Step 2: Business Development & Story Telling
Step 3: Manufacturing Demystified
Step 4: DFM deep-dive
Collaborate and Accelerate at Our Highway1 Workspace
For the duration of the four-month program, your startup will work out of our state-of-the-art innovation hub located in San Francisco. It is a collaborative environment in which you will be surrounded by hardware experts, startup mentors and fellow entrepreneurs. Quickly prototype and iterate on your product in our 1,000 square foot, state of the art prototyping lab.
Highway1 in the News
The success of our startups has not gone unnoticed. Read what is being said about Highway1 and our portfolio companies.
Join the hardware renaissance at Highway1
Highway1, a division of PCH, is the premier hardware startup accelerator. We look for great hardware startups with an exciting business idea and a compelling prototype. We help you design products that deliver real value to customers, that are delightful to use and that can be manufactured at scale.