Apply to Highway1
We are looking for the world’s best hardware startups who bring transformational technology to consumer markets.
Highway1 works with entrepreneurs who are passionate about design and the customer experience, with the vision and drive to build a successful company.
Applications for Highway1’s Spring 2016 cohort are now closed. We will be notifying accepted teams by December 18.
Be the first to know when applications open in the future.
We offer you:
- Investment Capital – Up to $100,000 per team for 8% equity or $50,000 per team for 5%.
- Engineering expertise – On-site and visiting manufacturing engineers.
- Resources – 24/7 access to shared workspace and prototyping labs.
- China De-mystified – 10-day factory-facing visit to Shenzhen.
- Fundraising – Develop your story and network with hardware investors.
Full details on what our program offers are available here. Here’s what we’re looking for in the startups we accept:
- Strong team – You can’t do this alone, and we don’t want you to try. We also look for teams that have known each other for a long time or have collaborated previously.
- Technical chops – Your team should have the technical skill and experience to accomplish the mission you are undertaking, and be eager to learn more.
- Prototype – Show us a works-like proof of concept.
- Market traction – Have you raised funding or generated customer interest yet?
- Dedication to design and consumer experience – Design is at the core of everything we do at PCH.
- Long-term vision – We look to help entrepreneurs build companies, not just projects or one-off products.
If you have any further questions, email us and we will be happy to answer them.
Making for Impact:
Through our Clinton Global Initiative Commitment to Action, we are looking for prosocial entrepreneurs to help turn great ideas into products that can positively impact communities.
If you are an entrepreneur at either a for- and not-for-profit company developing hardware products that make a positive impact on people, communities and the environment, please email us with ‘Prosocial Entrepreneur’ in the subject line.