We are looking for the world’s best hardware startups bringing transformational technology to consumer markets.
Highway1 works with entrepreneurs that are passionate about design and the customer experience, with the vision and drive to build a successful company.
Applications for the Spring 2016 class will open in October. Email us and be the first to know when applications open.
We offer you:
- Seed Capital – $50,000 in exchange for 4% – 7% equity.
- Engineering expertise – On-site and visiting manufacturing engineers.
- Resources – 24/7 access to shared workspace and prototyping labs.
- China De-mystified – 10-day factory-facing visit to Shenzhen.
- Fund-raising – Develop your story and network with hardware investors.
Full details on what our program offers is available here.
Making for Impact:
Through our Clinton Global Initiative Commitment to Action, we are looking for prosocial entrepreneurs to help turn great ideas into products that can positively impact communities. If you are an entrepreneur at either a for- and not-for-profit company developing hardware products that make a positive impact on people, communities and the environment, please Email us with ‘Prosocial Entrepreneur’ in the subject line.
Here’s what we’re looking for in the startups we accept:
- Strong team – You can’t do this alone, and we don’t want you to try. We also look for teams that have known each other for a long time or have collaborated previously.
- Technical chops – Your team should have the technical skill and experience to accomplish the mission you are undertaking, while still eager to learn more.
- Prototype – Show us a works-like proof of concept.
- Market traction – Have you raised funding or generated customer interest yet?
- Dedication to design and consumer experience – Design is at the core of everything we do at PCH.
- Long-term vision – We look to help entrepreneurs build companies, not just projects or one-off products.
If you have any further questions, email us and we will be happy to answer them.